We are tracking the latest product announce news and rumors from Adobe. So here our expected release dates and past launch information:
- CS7 Rumored Release –
Expected to be announced on May 6, 2013 at the Adobe MAX conference. Updated May 6, 2013: We just learned that there will not be a CS7 release. Adobe has rebranded their Creative Suite line into “CC” (aka Creative Cloud) and have added a number of new features (Creative Cloud members get the free upgrade CC versions). Note: The CC updates will be available in late June, 2013. CS6.5 – We will see select versions updated in May 2013.The latest rumors have a CS7 release coming next, skipping the CS6.5 dot release.
- CS6 – The current version. Announced on April 23, 2012 and began shipping on May 7, 2012.
- CS6 beta – Was released in March 2012 on Adobe Labs.
- CS5.5 – Released back in April 2011 (12 months after CS5).
- CS5 – Released in April 2010 (about 18 months after the release of CS4).
- CS4 – Released in October 2008 (about 18 months after CS3).
- CS3 – Released in April 2007 (approximately 24 months after CS2).
- CS2 – Released in April 2005 (18 months after CS).
- CS1 – Introduced in October 2003.
Some important changes are coming to the upgrade policy that you should be aware of. Starting December 31, 2012, Adobe will only be offering upgrades on versions that are no older than one version back, no longer letting you save money by skipping one or two versions between upgrades. Learn more about the changes.